The Hesters Way Partnership was formed in 1997 to help regenerate the Hesters Way area in west Cheltenham. The underlying relative deprivation of the area had been identified by Cheltenham Borough Council and partners and after research by PIEDA the regeneration of the area moved into full swing. Hesters Way Partnership now aims to “facilitate community led sustainable change”.
Role of the Partnership
- Co-ordinate regeneration activities
- Facilitate communication between service providers and local residents
- Identify the needs, skills and assets of the local community
- Act as a lead organisation in stimulating activity to address those needs
- Support capacity building in local organisations
- Aid regeneration of the area
- Facilitate the exchange of good practice
In this way, the Partnership acts as a vehicle to a sustainable community.
Read more about their solar panel installation.