In 2019, Cheltenham Borough Council declared a climate emergency and a commitment to be a carbon neutral council and borough by 2030. The goal of a carbon neutral borough will be met by delivering activity which supports and promotes the town’s core vision to be a place where everyone thrives.
Our roadmap to eliminate the borough carbon footprint includes a climate action fund to help finance the road to zero carbon. In 2022 the borough council has a pot of funding, worth £50,000, to allocate to local community organisations to support them with energy efficiency projects.
Who can apply?
- Community or voluntary groups
- Registered charities
- Community interest companies
- Town and parish councils
How much can be applied for?
Any group may apply for a single award up to a maximum of £10,000. Please be aware that as there is only £50,000 available in total, the council will look to fund only those projects that offer the best value for money and applications which evidence match funding will be viewed favourably.
The fund cannot support…
- Projects which do not improve energy efficiency
- Projects where impact/change can’t be measured
- Projects that are not directly related to the climate emergency agenda
- Projects being delivered outside the boundaries of Cheltenham borough.
- Projects that cannot demonstrate that the necessary permissions will be achieved within the appropriate timescales
- Applicants who are not signed up to the Cheltenham Zero partnership
How to apply
Please read the full application guidelines before making your application.
For more information and guidance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is CLOSED JULY 2022