The retrofit market is expanding rapidly and the demand for workers who are skilled in the installation and maintenance of technologies like air source heat pumps and solar PV is on the rise. Are you retrofit ready? If you work in the trade and construction sector, training in retrofit skills could help you to secure new customers and future proof your business.
Here are just a few courses and resources to help get you started:
What Support can CheltenhamZero offer your business?
- Free membership. https://cheltenhamzero.org/join-us Sharing and celebrating our member’s sustainability stories & successes
- Signposting to any retrofit training available
- See case study about how CheltenhamZero members Newland Homes are embracing sustainability skills in the construction sector https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_d1TBlvdYA&t=1s
- FREE 1 year access to Zellar an online sustainability platform to help businesses to identify actions, make a sustainability plan, measure emissions etc… https://cheltenhamzero.org/zellar
- Up to max £10,000 grant funding for energy saving capital projects (launching Oct 2023) – this won’t cover training but may be suitable for Electric Vehicles, EV chargers or more energy efficient tools. https://cheltenhamzero.org/net-zero-accelerator
- For van/fleet emissions looking at the energy saving trust website for a range of free advice https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/introducing-electric-vans-into-your-fleet/ See also map of EV charging infrastructure/route planning see https://www.zap-map.com/live/
- FREE 1-2-1 support to look at current operations and identify next steps (book here)
- FREE workshops with local experts (coming Oct 2023) see our events page
- Networking (next one we’re hosts for is People, Planet, Pint at DEYA Brewery on Sept 28th 5:30-8pm, free pint for the first 30 people) https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cheltenham-people-planet-pint-sustainability-meetup-tickets-554648938907