The SME Climate Hub suggests ways to prepare to speak with sources of financial support about decarbonisation. You do not need to take all these steps beforehand; many organisations – including your bank and buyers – may be able to assist you.
Key steps include:
- Calculate & report your greenhouse gas footprint
- Understand the relevance of climate change to your business
- Check climate commitments of your buyers and suppliers
- Design an action plan to decarbonise
- Prepare the narrative for your business and stakeholders
FREE support from CheltenhamZero in 2023:
- 1 year free access to online sustainability platform Zellar to help you measure your footprint and create a decarbonisation plan and sustainability policy.
- Workshops and networking to help you understand how others in your sector are responding to climate change and the transition to a net zero economy
- Grant updates, 1-2-1s and peer to peer mentoring to support in identifying relevant funding options
- Ideas to help you tell your sustainability story